The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity here to support individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them. We do this by connecting, informing and supporting campaigners.
All our work is focused on empowering people to have a voice. The bulk of our work is focused on those who are new to campaigning, are marginalised, have few resources and cannot get the support they need elsewhere.
Our work includes:
- Courses, events and good practice: to equip people with the skills to bring about change
- Policy work: to challenge laws, policies and regulations that diminish peoples’ ability to have their voices heard
- The SMK Recognition Awards: to celebrate people who have and are creating change
UPCOMING EVENTS AND TRAINING
- Introduction to campaigning workshop in Edinburgh: Friday 11th March 2016
- Introduction to campaigning workshop in London: Thursday 24th March 2016
- Introduction to campaigning workshop in Cardiff: Wednesday 27th April 2016
- Introduction to campaigning workshop in Portsmouth: Wednesday 4th May 2016
- Campaigning with social media half day workshop in Brighton: Wednesday 11th May 2016
- Introduction to campaigning workshop in Leicester: Wednesday 15th June 2016