Help Support the Next Generation of Campaigners
Calling for Associates!
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation supports individuals, groups and communities to have the confidence and skills to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them. As part of our work, we also provide support for other organisations through a network of highly skilled freelance coaches, trainers and guest speakers (associates).
Our current associates include:
- Brian Lamb – Communications, Policy and Public Affairs Consultant and author of The Good Guide to Campaigning and Influencing.
- Amanda Stone – Chief Operating Officer of Lessons for Life Foundation and former Communications director at Action Aid.
- Jonathan Ellis – current Head of Policy, Research and Advocacy at the British Red Cross.
- Beverley Duckworth – Advocacy and Campaigns Consultant and former head of campaigns at World Development Movement and former campaign coordinator at Amnesty International UK.
- Toby Blume–Highly experienced charity sector leader and community engagement expert.
- Titus Alexander – Freelance facilitator, change agent and current convener of Democracy Matters.
To improve our reach, we are looking to expand our pool of people with campaign strategy experience and/or with a good knowledge on how to implement a successful campaign. Preferably they will have previous experience of working with campaigners, whether paid or grassroots. Other useful skills may include policy work, communications, social and traditional media and lobbying. We pay a flat rate to all of our associates, depending on the type of work they deliver for SMK.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would like to hear from you! Send your CV or any information on relevant work you have done to Megan Poyiadzis.
Alternately, if you think you know someone who may be suitable or interested in this opportunity, please feel free to forward this page to them or any other relevant networks.
Below is a summary that outlines the work we do; what we are looking for from future associates; and the benefits of being an associate with SMK!